259. It is impossible to assume an ego-state (that is, a role, persona, personality, etc.) as an identity without triggering the use of ego-defense mechanisms, and the most commonly-used of those mechanisms is egotism.
260. That, in turn, triggers distortion, delusion and even insanity, for what could be more insane than for persons to believe that mirages are real, to believe that they are actually a composite of many mirages, and then to believe that they - their mirages - are the most wonderful collection of mirages of all time. Yet, dualistically, there are some who can become convinced simultaneously (and, therefore, insanely) that they are the worst mirages of all, that they are the most shameful mirages of all, and they are the most guilt-ridden mirages of all time.
261. Yet that is what follows ego-state assumption and the accompanying use of egotism, so those assuming any roles that they believe define who they are will be inspired by egotism to upgrade those roles, to upgrade their self-concept, and to participate in self-aggrandizement, even though the conceived "self" or "selves" are totally false.
262. Then, those assuming bogus personas as supposedly-actual identities will believe that they are justified to do whatever is required to create and to sustain their false self-image(s).
263. Insanity is evidenced by the fact that insane persons cannot differentiate between true and false. As a result, they cannot differentiate between reality and myth; between reality and superstition; between fact and fiction; between roles being played vs. what is happening outside "The Theater of the Lie"; and between the unity and perceived multiplicities.
264. The insanity of ego, in its extreme, manifests as the Sociopathic Personality Disorder and / or the Psychopathic Personality Disorder, both of which support unrestrained arrogance and limitless entitlement, all steeped in duality and all generating such beliefs as:
"I have the right to decide who is moral and right and virtuous and who is not."
"I have the right to control people."
"I have the right to decide which single religion is the right one."
"I have the right to decide who lives and who dies."
265. Relatively speaking, there is not a more lethal combination on the planet than (a) the Sociopathic or Psychopathic Personality Disorder combined with (b) unchecked arrogance and boundless entitlement.
266. To look at those quotes above and ...
a. to see that they are examples of the way that the disorders can manifest; then,
b. to see how widespread those beliefs are throughout the population as a whole; and then
c. to realize that the Sociopathic and Psychopathic Personality Disorders can manifest in varying degrees
is to understand how widespread those two personality disorders are, by whatever degree.
267. And the prerequisite for those (and all) disorders is personality. If there is no false identity / personality at play, then there can be no sociopathic or psychopathic behavior, there can be no arrogance, and there can be no sense of entitlement.
268. If there is no false identity / personality at play, there can be no bombing of crowds, there can be no slaughter of children, and there can be no bombing of people in other countries while bragging about the fact that the people of that nation (that is, a nation of "others") are going to be "shocked and awed" by the destruction that your military forces are going to subject them to.
269. Therefore, Maharaj's wake up call: “After the information given to you by the mother, that you are a boy or girl, all your further acquisitions are but hearsay.”
270. It is those persona-based "further acquisitions" that set the stage for all insane thoughts; moreover; insane thoughts lead to insane words, and it is from insane words (including the ones that happen when personas "speak") that insane deeds evolve. And all of that nonsense and insanity are rooted in false "hearsay."
271. Thus, the point again: whatever one might take to be "the ills of the planet and its people," the ills all fall not under the over-simplified umbrella of "good vs. evil" but under the umbrella of the Ultimate Sickness. And those that understand the roots of that Sickness know that "the ills" are not caused by one thing (namely, "evil") but are caused by all things. The cause of all is ... all.
Please enter the silence of contemplation.
(ITS WRITING AND FREE DISTRIBUTION IS MADE POSSIBLE THROUGH THE SUPPORT OF REALIZED NISARGAN AND ADVAITIN ANDY GUGAR, JR. WHO IS DEDICATED TO SHARING THE TEACHING AND TO ASSURING THAT THE TEACHING ARE MADE AVAILABLE TO SEEKERS THAT ARE INTERESTED)
A free copy of the 200+ page eBook
"GOOD vs. EVIL?" or "IGNORANCE, STUPIDITY, and INSANITY?"
will be emailed as an attachment to visitors to this site upon their request.
Details for receiving your free copy or for sending a free copy to friends or relatives will be provided when the eBook is ready.
Just hang on to those please.
A Non-Duality Online Course is currently available at a reduced rate. See above for details.
[Received from Mac, 10/17/12]:
21. Both saw that many who heard the teachings are not going to understand (Maharaj reporting that "only 1 in 100,000 are going to 'get' this" understanding) 22. both soon saw that even more than expected of those who heard the teachings were not going to understand (Maharaj modifying his "guesstimate" and reporting that "only 1 in 1,000,000 are going to 'get' this" understanding) 23. eventually both saw that even far more than expected of those who heard the teachings were not going to understand (Maharaj eventually concluding that "only 1 in 10,000,000 are going to 'get' this" understanding). And the failings were not the fault of seekers. A "one -in-ten-million" estimate is proof that satsang was not working for most seekers, and the evidence here lately is proof of the same.
Both "Maharaj" and "Floyd" invited seekers to focus on the exact, step-wise "path." Yes, during satsang, "Maharaj" sometimes alluded to the steps while discussing them in no particular order - but he never once laid out the steps in the exact order in which they had to be completed. That was not his teachings style or approach.
Therefore, another movement or shift is happening here spontaneously after reflecting on the more than two decades since the teachings were first offered here and looking at the results of Maharaj sharing pointers in his loft and looking at the results of "Floyd" sharing pointers in this electronic loft: Looking objectively at his results, Maharaj's satsang method of sharing - in the end and by his own admission (only "one out of 10,000,000") - did not produce the intended outcome.
Looking objectively at the results here when using an "electronic loft" satsang method of sharing has not produced the intended outcome nearly as often as any of the three "face-to-face" methods used with seekers by which they have been led through the seven steps in order. Here, the body is growing older, of course. Mahasamadhi could be taken today, or it could be taken in twenty years.
Obviously, that cannot be known. But the decision here has been made that whatever amount of the relative existence remains shall be spent in sharing the teachings in the ways that have been seen over the last 20+ years to be the most effective methods.
Looking back over the list of those that have truly received the understanding, it is seen that Robert R. read all of the books, then took the online Advaita course and then completed some face-to-face Skype sessions to receive the final clarifications required. It was seen that Mac read all of the books, completed the online course, and then attended a retreat where he was guided through the seven steps. Mac said that the online course work inspired him to attend the retreat in order to be able to receive the final "pieces." It was seen that Andy Gugar, Jr. read all of the books, then came here for a retreat and was taken through the seven steps in order, and then returned once more for the final clarifications required. After reviewing the shifts that happened with him after attending two retreats, he reaffirmed this past week his commitment to helping spread the non-duality, nisarga understanding as presented here. As a result of seeing what has "worked" during the last 20+ years of sharing the non-duality understanding - and seeing what had not "worked" as well - changes will be made.
SHIFTING THE FOCUS FROM THAT WHICH DOES NOT WORK TO THAT WHICH DOES, Part Two
(Four by Floyd Henderson and two by Dennis Waite. Click the picture for more information or to order)
* * * * * * *
FOR THOSE SEEKING FURTHER EXPLANATION OF THE NON-DUALITY UNDERSTANDING, AS NOTED ABOVE, SOME SEEKERS HAVE REALIZED BY USING THE METHODS BELOW, OR A COMBINATION OF THE METHODS:
I. BY WATCHING the 4-Disk, Seven-Hour Video (DVD) Set of an advaita retreat, or the downloadable file version. To find out more or to purchase the DVD or downloadable computer file version of the retreat, DVD or Downloadable computer file versions of the Four-Day Advaita Retreat
International buyers: note the separate option for those outside the continental U.S.
II. BY READING the explanations offered in the collection of non-duality books that are available on this site and at www.floydhenderson.com.
III. BY ENROLLING in the Online Advaita Classes For information, visit Information on the Advaita Classes on the Internet To enroll visit Enroll in the Advaita Internet Course
IV. BY ATTENDING an Advaitin retreat with floyd and being guided through all seven steps. For details of the retreats offered, please visit the retreat information site.
V. BY ARRANGING a one-hour session via Skype or telephone with Floyd. (Skype is a free service.)
Click the button to pay and you will be contacted to arrange a date and time for the call.
VI. ALL OF THE FOLLOWING BOOKS are available at
Floyd Henderson's Website
This anthology of four books by Floyd Henderson contains the volumes that make up what has been called "The Advanced Seekers' Series" for those seeking Realization via the Advaita teachings
This anthology contains the six books that make up what has been called "The Blissful Abidance Series" for those seeking to live blissfully and happily for the remainder of the manifestation, including these books
This book can be read as a "Stand-Alone eBook" or as a "Companion Piece" or "Follow-Up" to be read after "When Only Three Hours of Manifestation Remain."
The author of this book is also the co-author of a book with Mark Houston entitled "A Twelve-Step Journey to SELF-Transformation"
After having guided over 8,000 people through the Twelve Steps, the focus eventually turned toward working with the few who have been seeking recovery for some time but sense that "there must be something more" or who have said, "I am still not where I want to be." A few - even with double-digit "sobriety" - have said, "I don't want to drink ... I want to die."
RELATED TOPICS: alcoholism treatment, enneagram, addiction, Mark Houston, non-duality, non-duality ebooks, liberation, enlightenment, liberation, realization, Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj, unity, oneness